- $22 Million Settlement – Auto product defect
- 9 Million Settlement – Construction zone defect in Jackson county
- 850,000 settlement – Construction zone defect
- $650,000 verdict – Defective wagon
- $23.4 Million Verdict- Explorer Rollover
- $1.5 million settlement – Defective seatback
- $1.1 million settlement – Defective carabiner
- $1 million settlement – Suv rollover
- $2.4 Million Settlement – Semi-Trucking Wrongful Death
- $8.3 Million Verdict- Defective Seatback
- $3 Million Settlement – Dram Shop
- $2.8 Million Verdict – Workers’ Compensation Retaliation
- $1 million settlement – Truck accident
- $295,000 Settlement – FELA Case
- $2 million settlement – defective tree stand
- $43.1 Million Verdict- Defective Seatback
Alexandria Stobbe v. Rockhurst University, Case No. 1616-CV-14004 (Jackson County, MO)
Class action against Rockhurst University for redress on various claims including breach of implied contract and negligence. Plaintiff alleges Rockhurst University violated their privacy rights by failing to properly safeguard their protected private information from disclosure. This case is still pending.
Paige Waits v. TJX Companies, Case No. 1516-CV14731 (Jackson County, MO)
Class action against TJX Companies for violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act. Plaintiff alleged TJX Companies violated the law with its collection of sales tax on rewards discount coupons. In 2016, I was appointed class counsel and the case was settled for $250,000.
Wade Burris v. The Sherwin-Williams Company, Case No. 4:15-CV-00343-DW (W.D.Mo.)
Class action against Sherwin-Williams Company for violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Class Action. Plaintiff’s alleged Sherwin-Williams sent text messages to a class of persons without their authorization in violation of the TCPA. In 2016, I was appointed class counsel and the case was settled for $325,000.
Mark A. Wynn v. Kansas City Police Department, Case No. 01CV201764 (16th Circuit Court Jackson County Missouri).
Case filed against KCPD for violations of CAFA statute and claims for money had and received. Settled in 2010, with $1.3 million in attorneys’ fees awarded.
David Patterson v. BP America Production Company, Case No. 03CV9926 (District Court City and County of Denver).
Dispute over deductions of postproduction costs from royalty payments against BP.
Celia Hale v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Case No. 01CV218710 (16th Circuit Court Jackson County Missouri).
Class action against Wal-Mart for policies resulting in chronic understaffing and caused employees to miss promised breaks and to work off the clock without compensation. Settled in 2009 for approximately $90 million dollars.